Sunday, March 10, 2013

blog assignment #1


My name is Rohoman Khan and this is my writing tech blog. I am 18 years of age and currently a student at Laguardia Community College. I am majoring in mechanical engineering and have high expectations for myself. I am very interested in technology and cars so that is why I choose that major. My career plans if to join the United States Air Force when I graduate from Laguardia. I am very fascinated in technology and it rely on it everyday. I use my phone, macbook, playstation, etc. everyday. Due to my major I am required to take many science and mathematic courses. I am interested in physics but not so much in chemistry. I am not interested in math because to me its just numbers and letters in a long boring equation but I happen to be good at it. I like the kinds of technology that deals with cars, planes, and artificial intelligence. In Laguardia, I have met a decent amount of people that have the same major as me. I would say that they have the same relationship with technology as I do. Almost all of Laguardia uses or possesses the same technological devices as I do. Everybody possesses a cellphone and a computer because they are really important today.  I do not believe many have the interest I share in cars, planes, and artificial intelligence because they are interested in business, criminal justice, etc. I do not enjoy reading and writing in the slightest bit. The only time I read and write is when it is required by a Laguardia professor, other than that I text and facebook. I read no books or articles because reading just seems boring to me. I would rather watch an educational video or listen to a recording because I retain more out of it than reading. If I read something on page one I will forget what happened by page 3 but if I watch a video I will know exactly what is going on throughout the whole video. I do no writing regularly except school related, texting, facebook, etc. This is my first blog and I hope readers enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rohoman Khan after reading all your posts I noticed that they reflect on how the assignments make you feel and learn. You state that besides the reasons easily seen these blogs have helped you read more frequently and have "been fun" to do. I would like to say I agree with you when it come to the effects the blog assignment have on oneself.I feel that the assignment have been so fun because they entail us searching information on the most current and new technology instead of an assignment of topics that have been so actively researched by others. what type of research or new methods did you use to gather your data to complete your assignment?Which were outside of your usual comfort zone? Have the assignment made your reading more enjoyable?

    ReplyDelete